As I’ve tried to help people in need in my area over the last six weeks, I’ve come across a bunch of COVID-related federal, state and local resources — some have been more helpful than others. These are helpful ones:
- Paycheck Protection Program from the U.S. Small Business Administration — To apply for a loan to keep your business afloat.
- Economic Impact Program from the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) — In case you haven’t already received your federal economic impact payment.
- Tax Deadline — The IRS extended this year’s deadline to submit income taxes from April 15 to July 15.
- About the COVID Outbreak — A clearinghouse for COVID-specific safety tips and info.
- Housing Assistance from the Department of Local Affairs (DOLA) — Very impressed by DOLA’s coordination with federal and local agencies!
- Unemployment Benefits — For those who have recently become unemployed.
- Business Assistance from the Office of Economic Development and International Trade — A resource center for small businesses.
- Affordable Housing — Another COVID-related clearinghouse for affordable housing agencies and efforts.
Bridge the Gap from the City & County of Broomfield (CCOB) — A great new program that’s helping families affected financially by the COVID pandemic stay in their homes.
Public Health Resource Guide from the Public Health & Environment Department — Shout out to our Public Health team for their many hours of work protecting our community and explaining things to us non-health professionals!
Enhance Broomfield — An economic support program for local small businesses.